Images of Fall and Farewell!


Here are five images of the wetland captured today (11/11/21). The Fall beauty of the wetland speaks for itself. I hope you enjoy the Fall Photos!

Most of the plants and animals are transitioning to a season of rest, and I am as well. Between March 1 and September 30th this year I spent over 200 hours at the wetland and many more hours working on my photos, videos and blog posts. I've enjoyed just about every minute of it and have learned a lot, but it's time for a change. My hope is that this blog has incited curiosity and stirred up wonder for all who've read some of the posts. And of course the blog will remain as a resource for all who are interested in exploring more of the wonders of the wetland.

Spoiler Alert: I've been in discussion with the folks at the Homer Lake Interpretive Center and the current plan is for me to collaborate with them on an interpretive display about the wetland coming probably in April 2023 to be displayed in the Interpretive Center for the year. I'm excited about the opportunity and have already begun brainstorming and curating photos and video. I will no doubt be spending some of my time in 2022 back at the wetland observing, photographing and videoing in preparation for the interpretive display as well as indulging my own curiosity and sense of wonder. I look forward to sharing more in 2023. 

Signing off for now,

Doug Mills
East Central Illinois Master Naturalist
Champaign County Forest Preserves Volunteer






 


Comments

  1. I really enjoy your photos. We hope you can arrange a wetlands display at Homer Lake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the wonderful and informative blogs! I have enjoyed them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see the water levels are still up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I believe they will stay up now through next year since the hot weather is over.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fairy Shrimp

Space Invader*